Sunday 14 September 2014

School friends... stay gold!

Good morning!

A new challenge at The Studio Challenges today... It is a sketch challenge this time:






And here is the layout that I made:


Regarding the theme of my layout... About two years ago and thanks to facebook, five best friends  from school (Marilena, Anna, Tonia, Valia and myself) met up again after almost two decades of having lost contact (well, I had lost contact with three out of four!). When we met it was as if not a day has passed. It goes to show that true childhood friendships really hold over time. A year later, Pavlos (our mustache man!) joined the team of reunited school friends.

Two years later, we still have weekly contacts, certainly via facebook but usually meeting up. With this layout I just wanted to highlight how much I value, appreciate and love our little team and our "sessions".

And that is why I wanted to go with the gold colour, as I consider them "gold" friends.

For the sketch, I used embellishments for the circle. 77 sequins glued, then sewn with my sewing machine (I so enjoyed this time consuming process... my sewing machine not so much! lol!). I added wood veneers and used glitter gold stickers and thickers and paper for the title, subtitle and frame.

I hope you like it! Come over at The Studio Challenges to see how the DT has interpreted the sketch and to play along with us!

Hugs,
Anastasia



Pin It

1 comment:

Stephanie Eaken said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the gold!!!

Post a Comment