Monday 1 April 2013

Get Creative - April 1st


Good morning!!!

A new month today and of course this means a new challenge over at Get Creative.

My layout...



...exactly two years ago! I made this layout on March 19th 2011, and the following one two days ago:


There is a "slight" difference, don't you think???

I have to admit that I enjoyed this challenge SO MUCH! The challenge is about re-doing one of our very first challenges, using exactly the same photos but with the style that we have developed in the meantime. I wanted to make my very first layout, but the quality of the photos I had used was so bad that hard as I tried, I couldn't "save" them enough to use them for a layout (that says something, doesn't it???)

So I decided to redo the second layout I ever made. This was two years ago with minimal scrapbooking materials as back then I was only making cards. Actually I really started with layouts about a year ago, once my nephews were born, as I was suspecting and as our guru Eleni kept warning me ;)

In this last year I have experimented with a number of techniques and styles (although not all styles, hihihi) and lately I'm going towards a style like the one I made two days ago. On purpose I used all my favourite products that I tend to use for my layouts: thickers, wood veneers, flair buttons, rub ons, enamel dots, stamps, mists, doodling, labels, vellum paper...

And for first time I used the products that I think will get into the list of my favourite products, distress paints. I have loved the results of all the tests I've done so far both on paper and wood veneers!

So... too much talking, time to put an end to that!

Come over at Get Creative to see how the design team has re-done their old layouts, to have fun and play with us!

Our sponsor this month is our own Irini and Get Creative Embellishments with their new embellishments!


Hugs,
Anastasia





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment