Saturday 2 March 2013

Get Creative - March 1st


Good morning!

Oh yes, today I will share with you my creation for the Get Creative challenge March 1st (with one day delay as I was travelling yesterday), which is a layout challenge, and not for March 5th which is the card challenge... and that's because I have "moved" to the layout team!

It wasn't an easy decision when Irini asked me if I would like to move to the layout team, because I am a supporter of card, especially in the Greek crafty community... But to tell the truth, lately I want more and more to make layouts. And now that it is easier for me to print photos, I feel like I don't want to stop scrapping. Given that I will continue to make cards for the other teams I participate in, I decided to accept. I hope I manage to inspire you a bit...

...Especially this month that the Get Creative challenge is scraplift! Each member of the design team made a layout and all you would have to do is to get inspired by one of the layouts - you can either copy the layout, or the sketch or the colours, whatevere you want. The layout that I made:


Oh yes, that's right... another PINK layout with GLITTER... Tell me doctor, will I get over it? lol!

The layout has to do with my decision to use make up when I get out of the boundaries of my neighbourhood... it's been a month now and I still keep the promise to myself, incredible! The title is a quote by Calvin Klein and I so loved it when I stumbled upon it on the internet. For the second part of the title I used white (glitter!) letters on purpose, to reinforce the title's message. For the pink diamond background I used mask and a mist I made inspired by Wilna's class: I mixed quite a lot of white mist (have to buy another one, this is the third one that is finishing...) with a bit of pink to get the subtle colour. And as if the glitter letters were not enough, I also added perfect pearls to make the diamonds shine, although you cannot see it in the pictures...



My favourite Instax mini helped me once again... I used a photo of myself where I have make up and although that's not obvious, it makes a big difference, and of the mini vanity bag with all the necessary make up tools:




I went wild with all the delicious Dear Lizzy embellishments I had in my stash:



For the journal I used a Dear Lizzy jar (I wrote it after I took the pictures as I wanted to keep it private) and put it behind my photo with the help of a glassine envelope - one of my very favourite materials lately:



Finally... as I was adding the black splashes on the layout I had an accident that freaked me out: the black mist bottle turned around and half of it was emptied on my desk and floor!!! You can imagine the panic of those first moments... Luckily the desk and the floor were not paint by the mist, only the cutting mat has a slightly grey colour at one edge. But the mist fell over my layout as well. At the beginning I was frozen, all this misting, sewing, distressing... all this work... But then I took a few deep breaths and decided to extend the embellishments to cover the black spot. See for yourself:


pffff....

So that's it from me for now... I hope you like it and that it inspires you!

So come over at Get Creative, choose the layout that inspires you and play along with us! The winner will get this prize from our sponsor Paper Stories!


Hugs and have a great weekend!

Anastasia




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment