Thursday 17 January 2013

Christmas presents...

Yeap! That's right! A bit late the post, but it's true, today I want to share with you the Christmas presents that I managed to make this year.

I wanted to post about the amazing crop Scrapbookers in Greece and Katerina organised last Saturday, but I thought that we are on the second half of January and I would never manage to publish this post. So here it goes... but first I would like to apologise for the poor quality of the photos - I took the photo in a hurry and with really but lighting!

I start with the tags that I made (or a sample of them)

I stamped kraft paper with brown ink, cut in the corner my favourite Christmas tree and added the patterned paper below. White gel pen all around and the names on the banners:





Two cards for my cousins, where I had their presents. I learned the technique for the card pocket in last year's Holiday Card Boot Camp of Online Card Classes:





And the wall calendar I make every year for my mother. This was the third time that I made it for her. This year's theme is gratitude. Thanks to the fact that many Greek scrappers bought Cameo lately, I started using my Silhouette SD much more frequently! So the quotes were cut with my Silhouette and then I added a few very simple embellishments on the lower right corner. Clean and simple... but quite a lot of work! (Especially if you have to do it in one day!!!)









Last but not least, my favourite presents: my first shadow boxes I made for the two "nannies" of my nephews, their grandmother and their (our) aunt. The photos are from their baptism. I used one of them in a relatively recent layout that won the Sketchbook 365 challenge - yoohoo!!!!, but I had to crop it here - mainly because I didn't have any photo of my other nephew with both of his parents, so I focused on the boys and their mothers. At the beginning I didn't want to make them exactly the same... but finally I had to finish the second one the very day I had to give the gifts at New Year's lunch, so I had to copy them, no time to think of a different layout or embellishments!




So, that's all for now... I hope they liked their presents (at least it looked like the did!)

I hope next year we will be all here, strong and healthy, to repeat this.

Hugs,
Anastasia




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment