Thursday 20 December 2012

Get Creative - Card sketch December


Good morning!!!

Today we have a new challenge over at Get Creative - the card sketch challenge for December. The card that I made:


And the sketch:



Once I saw the frame of the sketch, I thought of the Lawn Fawn frames, but I wanted to make something different. So I thought of using my Distress Ink markers and fill the frame with coloured flowers, while I would leave the flowers outside the frame without colour, in black and white. A coloured butterfly would be perfect as well.

But the black and white contrast outside the frame turned out to be too bold and distract from the coloured part which I wanted to be the focus point. So I used some vellum paper to tone it down. I found the result satisfying, what do you think?

And some close-ups:


To add some dimension to the card, I used quite a lot of glossy accent on the butterfly, the flowers and the frame. Especially the butterfly gives the illusion of vitro when you see it live! For the antennas, I coloured a natural twine with black Promarker, made to little knots at the end and positioned it behind the butterfly.


I also added 2-3 gemstones for addition shine..

I hope you like it!

So why don't you come over at Get Creative to see the amazing cards that the design team has prepared... I so like that there are different styles and different sketch interpretations! And don't forget, the winner of this challenge will come back as Guest Designer in February!

Hugs,
Anastasia
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment