Tuesday 5 June 2012

Get Creative June 5th

Hello!

How are you? I hope everything's ok?

So... it's the 5th of the month and of course we have a new card challenge over at Get Creative today! The theme? To make a window card! You can cut the window out on the card or you can stamp a window image or use a die cut... Get creative with windows!!!

...well, I'm living in Athens city centre, so the view from my window isn't the best one could have, so I made a fantastic scene that I would prefer to see...

So, the front side of the card:



I cut the window out with my Silhouette SD and used acetate to give the sense of a window. So you can see a bit the inside of the card, which is the following:



Isn't it cute? Paper Smooches stamps are one of my favourite ones! It took me some time to prepare the card and that's because I was trying out my new Distress Markers. Colouring stamps is not what I enjoy most and given the stamps that I like to use for my cards, this could be a small issue. That's why paper piecing is one of my favourite techniques.

But I thought of trying Distress markers and I wasn't disappointed at all! You colour your stamps, use a bit of water and you're ready! I liked it very, very much. Although I didn't avoid the fussy cutting, as I wanted to give dimension to the scene I was preparing:




So that's my card... Let's go now to the sponsor of the month. Super-talented Irini Liolia just opened her new Etsy store, Get Creative Embellishments with GOOOORGEOUS embellishments for our creations! So she's giving two embellishment sets to this month's winners!



So why don't you come over at Get Creative to see some amazing inspiration by the design team and play with us? We'll be waiting for you!

Oh, and something else. I have been asked a number of times how I provide you with the supplies I have used using the small icons at the end of my posts. For this I use Link Manager by Inlinkz... and you know who is behind it, right? It's Vicky from Clips and Cuts and her husband Aris! So Vicky is having a giveaway over at her blog, you can take a look here!



Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:


Pin It

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the coloring against the white background. Perfection. Thanks for joining the fun at my blog! Oh and I have news about those stamps! remember? Guess what? Deborah send them to another country instead of Greece and after so many months they returned back to her! And now she is sending them over again... If I ever get them I'll email you :)

Post a Comment